Tuesday, August 30, 2005

"Who am I? Why am I here?"


Unlike well-read, intellectually savvy and politically well-connected Internet pioneers like Publius at The Third Estate, buying into the blogosphere was an impulse purchase. The proximate cause of this blog's foundation is the new "no anonymous comments" policy over at What The Hell Is Wrong With You?

If published accounts are to be believed, the blog phenomena began around 1997. In 1997, I was spending my valuable free time living off ill-gotten student aid, having taken a semester off from college by dropping all my classes well after the checks had cleared.

If anything, that would have been the time to log on and start yakking, with all the fire of idiot youth and a federally subsidised license to waste my time. Why now, when I'm three months from thirty?

I'm no everyman, but I do feel like where I'm at in the world is where more Americans are finding themselves these days, with a feeling like you're wading thru mud and if you don't sacrifice everything to the Big Push, you're going to drown in the muck, pulled under with the riptide on your way to an ignominious end.

So what do I do about it? I'm locked in, I'm committed, I'm on a course of action, a throw of the career and education dice that may (MUST) pay off. In the meantime, all I can do is something I never used to do: talk about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Yay!!

Welcome to the blogosphere. We knew you'd get here eventually...

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home